The Nursing Staff at Foothill Regional Medical Center is committed to providing patient/family-centered care. Family and other support systems are important in your recovery process. We encourage you to have a family/support person designated as your key contact person so communication with hospital staff is consistent and your needs are maintained from admission through your discharge.
Please let us know if your key contact person may receive medical information.
Foothill Regional Medical Center provides qualified and experienced Nursing Staff in all patient care areas. In addition to providing clinical expertise to address your medical or surgical needs, the Nursing team also commits to:
- Treat you with courtesy and respect
- Listen to your goals for your daily care and explain any scheduled tests/procedures
- Round frequently in your room to assess any needs
- Review medications, including why you are receiving them, possible side effects, etc.
- Provide printed education material as appropriate or as requested
If there are language barriers, the staff has access to an on-screen, live Video Interpretation System that can be brought to the bedside to assist in communication with you and your family. The system offers over 120 different languages including American Sign Language. We also utilize bilingual patient care white boards in your room to help ensure good communication between our staff and you.