General visiting hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. every day. Some units have different hours; please check with specific units for hours and conditions.
To insure the safety of patients, all visitors are required to wear a visitor identification badge obtained from the Reception Desk located in the main lobby.
The following guidelines protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors, families, and employees:
- For health reasons children under the age of 6 are not permitted as visitors, except in special circumstances with the approval of the Charge Nurse.
- Visitors will be limited to no more than three at a time.
- The Nurse Director/Charge Nurse may authorize special exceptions if a patient’s condition makes it necessary to use hand sanitizer.
- Wash hands before and after visiting patients. Insist that healthcare providers do the same before caring for your loved one. Click on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z87EIgmssBQ that shows how to properly wash your hands.
- For the safety of our patients and to prevent the spread of a contagious illness, we ask that visitors experiencing symptoms of cold, flu or any contagious illness refrain from visiting patients.
- Keep voices down so that patients may rest. We do encourage all visitors and staff to observe “quiet times,” between the hours of 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm – 6:00 am. We dim lights and request minimal conversations in halls, to allow our patients time to rest and to promote healing.
- Visitors should not congregate in corridors, but utilize approved waiting areas
- Foothill Regional Medical Center is a smoke-free campus. For the health of our patients and staff, tobacco or other smoking device (E-cigs, vaping etc.) use is not permitted on hospital grounds.
In the spirit of patient/family-centered care and services, we encourage visits by family members and friends.